Contact a Recruiter
Get started on the volunteer process by registering your basic information with our database. This information is provided to help us determine your eligibility for current and future studies. We will not share or sell this info with any third party.
Thanks for your interest, you'll find the intake form here.
Research Purpose: Study 1409 is designed to evaluate the dosing method of an investigational drug being developed for the treatment of psoriasis. The investigational drug will be given by subcutaneous (just below the skin) injection to healthy participants two times via syringe (once using 1 syringe and once using two syringes). The following will be evaluated:
- How much of the investigational drug gets into the blood stream using both injection methods
- How quickly the investigational drug enters and eliminates from the blood stream using both injection methods
- The safety/tolerability of the investigational drug
Minimum Screening Qualifications:
Men are allowed to participate
Women are allowed to participate only if they are postmenopausal or surgically sterilized by hysterectomy, tubal ligation, or bilateral oophorectomy
Body Mass Index (BMI)
18 and 30
110 and 242 pounds
No tobacco/nicotine use during In-house stays and outpatient visits. Use of tobacco/nicotine products at all other times during the study is allowed.
Must test negative for drugs of abuse.
Alcohol/Drug Abuse History
No history of drug or alcohol abuse within 1 year of the screening appointment.
Must be healthy; not being evaluated or treated for any medical conditions unless otherwise approved on a case by case basis by the study doctor
No required regular use of any prescription medications, non-prescription medications, or vitamins not listed below
Hormone replacement therapy, thyroid medications, acetaminophen
Study Time Commitment: For participants who qualify based on screening evaluation, study participation will last for approximately 9 weeks.
Participants will stay at Prism Clinical Research two times.
- In-house Stay 1: 2 ½ days (2 overnights)
- In-house Stay 2: 1 ½ days (1 overnight). This stay will take place approximately 1 month after the first In-house stay
Each In-house stay is followed by a set of brief office visits.
- In-house Stay 1 is followed by 9 office visits over the course of 4 weeks
- In-house Stay 2 is followed by 10 office visits over the course of 4 weeks and one follow up phone call.
Compensation: Up to $2500