Contact a Recruiter
Research Purpose: Study 1408 is designed to evaluate an investigational drug being developed for the treatment of certain types of inflammatory disorders. Different dosing levels of the investigational drug will be compared to a placebo. The following will be evaluated:
- How much of the investigational drug gets into the blood
- How quickly the body process and eliminates the investigational drug
- The safety/tolerability of the investigational drug
Minimum Screening Qualifications:
Men are allowed to participate
Women are allowed to participate.
Body Mass Index (BMI)
18 and 32 kg/m²
No more than the equivalent of 5 cigarettes/week within 2 months before screening. No tobacco or nicotine use the week before screening or any time during study participation.
Must test negative for drugs of abuse.
Alcohol/Drug Abuse History
No history of drug or alcohol abuse within 1 year of the screening appointment.
Must be healthy; not being evaluated or treated for any medical conditions unless otherwise approved on a case by case basis by the study doctor
No required regular use of any prescription medications, non-prescription medications, or vitamins that are not listed below
Limited prescription hormonal birth control use is permitted: Birth control patches and the vaginal ring are allowed. All other forms of hormonal birth control used in the 30 days prior to dose of the study drug are exclusionary
Study Time Commitment: For participants who qualify based on screening evaluation, study participation will last for approximately 10 weeks.
- Participants will stay at Prism Clinical Research 3 times.
- Inpatient stays will last approximately 72 hours (three overnights)
- Each inpatient stay will be separated by 3 weeks
- There are at total of 16 outpatient visits
- 5 outpatient visits will take place after each of the first two inpatient stays. 6 outpatient visits will take place after the 3 inpatient stay
Compensation: Up to $3,500.00
Get started on the volunteer process by registering your basic information with our database. This information is provided to help us determine your eligibility for current and future studies. We will not share or sell this info with any third party.
Thanks for your interest, you'll find the intake form here.
Research Purpose: Study 1400
The effect of the study drug on sexual functioning (i.e. frequency of sexual activity, thoughts, arousal, physical response etc.) when given to healthy sexually active adults.
- The effect of the study drug compared to the effect of placebo and paroxetine (an FDA approved comparator drug) on sexual functioning
Screening Qualifications: Participants must meet the following minimum criteria in order to qualify for a screening appointment:
- Males and Females allowed. Age 18-45 years
- Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 35
- No tobacco or nicotine use in the previous 12 months
- Must be healthy; not being evaluated or treated for any medical conditions
- Must not require regular use of prescription medications, non-prescription medications, or vitamins
- Must test negative for drugs of abuse. Must have no history of drug or alcohol abuse within the previous 5 years.
- Must be sexually active: engaging in sexual activity at least 2 times per week on average over the past 3 months.
- Cannot have a diagnosis of disorders related to sexual functioning including but not limited to erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, or any surgeries or medical procedures on genital/reproductive organs
- Must be able and willing to discuss sexual activity/functioning with Prism staff and fill out questionnaires related to sexual activity/functioning
- Must be able and willing to take daily, at-home dosing of the study drug
Study Time Commitment: For participants who qualify based on screening evaluation, study participation will last for approximately 6 weeks. During that time, participants will visit Prism Clinical Research for approximately 7 outpatient appointments. Participants will also take daily, at-home doses of the study drug and will keep an outpatient study diary.
Compensation: Up to $1575.00 for study participation time.