Contact a Recruiter
RESEARCH PURPOSE: To study the safety, absorption, and elimination of a new investigational delayed release diabetes medication compared to an FDA approved version. Also to determine how the medication affects the body in participants with Type 2 diabetes with normal kidney function and in participants with Type 2 diabetes and low kidney function.
BASIC PARTICIPANT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Men and Women with Type 2 Diabetes
- Men and Women with Type 2 Diabetes and low kidney function
- Aged 18-80 years old
- BMI between 18--40
- Stable and controlled medical conditions
- All medicines will be reviewed before qualification is determined
- Able and willing to eat/drink or avoid study specific foods/beverages
STUDY LENGTH: One initial screening visit to determine eligibility. A baseline overnight stay to confirm eligibility followed by 3 treatment periods each consisting of 4 days, 3 nights inpatient and 2 outpatient visits. Each treatment period is seperated by 2 to 5 days.
COMPENSATION: Up to $2,950
For more information about this research, please contact:
Kevin Fitzgerald: 651-724-5046 or prismresearchinc.com
Research Purpose: The purpose of this study is to learn more about the tolerablility and absorption rates of an oral version of an investigational drug developed for the treatment of osteroporosis compared to the FDA approved intravenous (I.V. ) version of the medication.
Participant Qualifications Include:
- Healthy Women between 35-70 years old
- Must be postmenopausal for at least 12 months or have had both ovaries surgically removed.
- Must have a body mass index (BMI) between 17.5 to 32 kg/m2 and weigh more then 110 pounds
- Must not have any active oral or dental disease, any oral/dental prpcedure completed within 30 days prior to first stusy dose, or scheduled within 30 days after study completion.
- Must not have a history of gastrointestinal disease or gastrointestinal surgery
- Must not have a diagnosis of any significant medical conditions like type 1 diabetes, lupus, bi-polar disorder, or heart related conditions. Presence or history of any medical condition not listed above and regular use of any medications will be evaluated for qualification on a case by case basis.
- Presence or history of well controlled type 2 diabetes and some types of thyroid disease (suh as hypothyroid) are permitted
- Must not have any tobacco or nicotine use within 30 days of first dose.
Length). If you qualify based on an initial screen visit, you will come back for one inpatient stay of 4 nights, two brief outpatient visits and one follow up phone call. Total study timeframe is approximately 31 days to complete.
Compensation: up to $1150.00
RESEARCH PURPOSE: To study the safety, absorption, and elimination of an investigational anticoagulant medication in people with reduced kidney function.
BASIC PARTICIPANT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Males and females 18-75 years old with less then normal kidney function but otherwise healthy and demographically matched healthy participants.
- Cannot weigh more then 220 pounds.
- Must test negative for HIV, Hepatitis B and C.
- Cannot currently be using anticoagulants like Coumadin, warfarin, Heparin, etc.
- Must have no significant history of blood or blood clotting disease or disorders.
- Medications must be stable for 30 days prior to study start.
STUDY LENGTH: One initial screening visit to determine study eligibility. One 4 night inpatient stay at the clinical research unit followed by 3 brief outpatient visits ( admit day -1, discharge day 4, visits days 5, 6 & 28)
COMPENSATION: Up to $1500.00